Friday, May 19, 2006

Happy Birthday Pete












Born May 19, 1945, today is PETE TOWNSHEND's 61st birthday.

This recording is a bit of an oddity - its a solo Pete show from April 14, 1974, Easter Sunday, at the Roundhouse in London.

According to DAVE MARSH in his book "Before I Get Old - The Story Of The Who", Pete put on "a fairly casual show using electric and acoustic guitars, piano, some synthesizer tapes and the original "My Generation" demo........ Despite a drunken heckler, the show was well-received and Pete was surprisingly confident."

Here's the setlist:

The Seeker / Big Boss Man / Substitute / Amoreuse / If I Were A Carpenter / Happy Jack / Tattoo / Join My Gang / Behind Blue Eyes / Goin' To New York (New York City Blues) / My Generation Demos I + II / North Country Girl / Corrina Corrina / No Face No Name No Number / Let's See Action / Pinball Wizard / See Me Feel Me / My Generation I / Magic Bus / My Generation II

And here's the audio - its an hour and seventeen minutes in a single 22MB wma file:

PETE TOWNSHEND - APRIL 14, 1974

No comments: