Thursday, May 04, 2006

Magazine of the Week #18

SECRETS OF A SLAVEDRIVING MAN IN A BLACK LIMOUSINE

Last week's MOTW was the January 1982 issue of CREEM with a MICK JAGGER interview - this week we have the follow-up, the February 1982 issue with a KEITH RICHARDS interview. Both interviews are by RAY BONICI.


The interview took place just before the start of the 1981 tour. Ray talks to Keith about all sorts of things - Mick, Stu, New Barbarians, Tatto You, Chuck Berry, Max Romeo, The Beatles, Bob Dylan.....













When Ray says that people seem to see Keith "more as the down-to-earth guy", Keith says "Like anybody else it was quite possible for me to go off the handle like Elton John and Rod Stewart and really believe and play the rock'n roll millionaire star trip".

Also in this issue is an interview with MARIANNE FAITHFULL - "That's the weird thing about my life: they're all true, those stories". She talks about when she overdosed in Australia and the record company tried to cash in - "The very week when I'd taken 150 Tuinol...", "...as I came out of my six-day coma, they'd already brought out my death record. Look at it, you know, in purple and black. They expected me to die". "You can understand why I retreated for 10 years."



Also reviews of PRINCE's "Controversy", NEIL YOUNG's "Re-ac-tor", U2's "October", and QUARTERFLASH's debut LP.

All that and a GO-GO'S "Creem Dream" pin-up!

No comments: