Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Magazine of the Week #38


In the midst of THE ROLLING STONES' 1981 American Tour, "the editors of Us Magazine" rushed out a big fat magazine with nothin' but The Stones. According to the indicia, the magazine is called "A SPECIAL REPORT ON THE ROLLING STONES from the editors of Us Magazine".


96 pages, including tons of photos and a "Sensational 16-Page Fold-Out".

Click on images to enlarge.




















MICK JAGGER dishes some dirt on BIANCA in an exclusive interview with MICHAEL CABLE:

"Marrying Bianca was just one of those mistakes like we all make from time to time, but only once in my case. Never again."

"It was never really good, not after the first year. We just didn't get on after the first year, so we never really lived together after that."

"Since the divorce we're not even friends. She's been so difficult and devious that I'll never be friends with her again. I wouldn't even think about it."

"I've tried to be friendly right until quite recently but every time I've tried she's then done something which goes to show that she doesn't want to be my friend at all."

"The divorce thing has gone on and on and yet it could have been settled ages ago. I think she just wanted it to go on and on and on so she could get her name in the papers."

Then, we're told, Mick "dismisses her attempts to launch herself on a show business career":

"Her credibility is a bit blown. I wish she would succeed then I wouldn't have to pay her so much money!"


No comments: