Thursday, February 16, 2006

Mash-ups, part 1

The "mash-up" craze started a few years ago, and here are a couple of the earlier ones, which I still think are two of the best. These have been posted in various places the past couple of years, but I think they originated from "Go Home Productions".

"Paperback Believer" is a mash-up of the vocals from THE BEATLES' "Paperback Writer" with the music from THE MONKEES' "I'm A Believer". The other is "Crazy Little Fool", which uses vocals from "Fool On The Hill" with the music from QUEEN's "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" (and throws in a little of "Dear Prudence", too).

There are plenty of different mash-ups out there making the rounds, and I have a bunch of Beatle-related ones, but I have not heard a single ROLLING STONES mash-up. Maybe now that there are finally some 5.1 extractions of Stones recordings out there, someone will get to work mashin'. And please, if anyone knows of any, let me know!

PAPERBACK BELIEVER

CRAZY LITTLE FOOL

No comments: