Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Happy birthday Keith and Bobby













So I was a little disappointed yesterday when I realized that I would not have a chance to post anything for KEITH RICHARDS' birthday. But now today I figure, no big deal - he's probably still up celebrating, so I'll just post something now!

Anyway, born December 18, 1943, yesterday was Keith's 63rd birthday.

Here are both sides of Keith's 1978 solo single, never released on an official CD. There's his version of CHUCK BERRY's "Run Rudolph Run", perfect for this time of year, and also his take on JIMMY CLIFF's "The Harder They Come".

RUN RUDOLPH RUN - KEITH RICHARDS

THE HARDER THEY COME - KEITH RICHARDS

And of course, lets not forget that legenday sax-man BOBBY KEYS was also born on December 18, 1943.


















Here he is with Keith, with their 1981 recording of "Over The Rainbow":

OVER THE RAINBOW - KEITH RICHARDS WITH BOBBY KEYS

Happy birthday Keith and Bobby!!!

PS: I just wanted to mention - with all the many blogs and boards these days, I often see some of the same stuff popping up in different places, and I've seen the Keith tracks that I've posted here all posted elsewhere recently. I'm certainly not in the habit of downloading things from other sites and immediately posting them here. I don't remember exactly where I got them from, but these tracks are pretty basic Keith "rarities" and I've had them on my computer for quite a while, and had intended to post them for Keith's birthday for weeks now. I'm sure if you look around you can find them at some other sites, and probably at higher bit-rates. I'm just here doin' what I like to do and postin' what I like to post.

No comments: