Saturday, February 03, 2007

2007 Magazine of the Week #5


Since we've already looked at two magazines this year with ROGER DALTREY on the cover, here's one with PETE TOWNSHEND -

- its the November 25, 1975 issue of CIRCUS ("Now Bi-Weekly").





Lots of good stuff in this issue, including news about JEFF BECK, ERIC CLAPTON, DAVID BOWIE, ELTON JOHN, and more.
















In the article on THE WHO, we read Daltrey's version of his fight with Pete during the "Quadrophenia" sessions:

"It was a bit of a shame because it was a non-argument and the last thing I wanted to do in the world was to have a fist-fight with Pete Townshend.....Unfortunately, he hit me first with a guitar. I really felt terrible about it afterwards. What can you say? Pete should never try to be a fighter."

"But when he was being held back by two roadies and he's spitting at me, calling me a dirty little c*nt and hitting me with his guitar I became quite angry. And I was forced to lay one on him. But it was only one."



In the Top 20 LPs, LED ZEPPELIN's "Physical Graffitti" is at #1. There are two ROLLING STONES LPs, "Made In The Shade" (at #15) and "Its Only Rock'n Roll" (at #20), and three Bowie albums - "Young Americans", "David Live", and "Diamond Dogs".

And there's this classic photo of the legendary WAYNE COUNTY.




And Elton for Pioneer -

"Pioneer makes fantastic components."


Click images to enlarge.

No comments: