Friday, February 09, 2007

2007 Magazine of the Week #6



Here's another one from the Golden Age of Rock Mags -
the February 1976 issue of CREEM.
Click on images to enlarge.






There's the BOB DYLAN cover story by JIM JEROME (with photos by BOB GRUEN).









.
.
.
.
.
.
Bob says:
"Music is just what I do. If I'm workin' I'm happy. I don't even know if its music, to tell you the truth. But I work on multi-levels. Music is music, I don't think of country music, pop, and rock and roll. I just think of music. I'm not going to be stuck in a pattern of anything."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..
.
.
There's a story on THE WHO by ROY CARR. KEITH MOON talks about getting back together for the LP and tour:

"Obviously, it came as a great relief to me to start working with the band yet again. I'd become so bored, that I'd been spending all my time making life-size models of the Queen out of nose-pickings. It had been well over a year since we'd finished the Tommy movie and truthfully, the prospects of the 'Oo coming together again seemed less likely."










.
.
.
.
.
LESTER BANGS has a long article on LOU REED. Of course they talk quite a bit about Lou's "Metal Machine Music" LP.


Lou says:

"Just sit down and you can hear Beethoven right in the opening part of it. Its down there in, like, you know, about the fifteenth harmonic. But its not the only one there, there's about 17 more going at the same time. It just depends which one you catch. And when I say Beethoven, you know, there are other people in there. Vivaldi.....I used pretty obvious ones....."

.
Lester also reviews PATTI SMITH's "Horses", and there's a review of TELEVISION's "Little Johnny Jewel (Parts 1 & 2)" Limited Edition 45 rpm.
LISA ROBINSON's "Eleganza" feature takes a look at the fashion aspects of Dylan's "Rolling Thunder Revue", and she also has an article on ROXY MUSIC.

And in "The Christgau Consumer Guide", critic ROBERT CHRISTGAU gives PINK FLOYD's "Wish You Were Here" an A Minus, and "The WHO By Numbers" a B Plus.

No comments: