Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Blue Masks

Culpa's Dipsy Doodle Diary 3/31/20:

Went to Sam's Club to pick up a few things today. Kinda weird, half the people in the place were wearing masks. Anyway, they still didn't have toilet paper, but at least I was able to snag 273 Family-Size packages of Q-Tips. I had planned to keep shopping but some of the other customers were giving me strange looks. I thought I'd better just get on out of there as soon as possible, you can't trust people who are wearing masks.  Anyway, we won't be growing our own potatoes but we should be able to hear any approaching marauders. And of course music always sounds better with cleaner ears.

Enjoy the title track from Lou Reed's 1982 LP "The Blue Mask":





"Spit upon his face and scream
There is no Oedipus today
This is no play you're thinking you are in
What will you say
Take the blue mask down from my face
And look me in the eye
I get a thrill from punishment
I've always been that way"





No comments: