Saturday, August 19, 2006

Double Honey, part 4

On August 18 and 19, 1980, JOHN LENNON had a film crew come in to the Hit Factory for a video shoot, and producer JACK DOUGLAS once again had his "Master Control Running Tape" going. This is not really for the casual listener - its mostly Lennon's vocal, with the band way in the background, and lots of clowning around. I think its a fascinating look at Lennon having a good time in the studio. For details, see CHIP MADINGER and MARK EASTER's great book "Eight Arms To Hold You", available here.

01 SHES A WQMAN / C'MON EVERYBODY
02 SHES A WOMAN
03 RIP IT UP / CHAT
04 I'M A MAN
05 BE-BOP-A-LULA / CHAT
06 I'M LOSING YOU / CHAT
07 STARTING OVER / CHAT
08 I'M LOSING YOU / CHAT
09 CHAT / RIFFS / TUNING / CAMERA SETUP
10 I'M LOSING YOU / CHAT /RIFFS
11 I'M LOSING YOU / RIFFS / TUNING
12 I'M LOSING YOU (COMPLETE)
13 FILM CHAT / RIFFS
14 DREAM LOVER
15 STAY
16 CHAT / RIFFS
17 MYSTERY TRAIN
18 CHAT / RIFFS

No comments: