Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Beatle Covers: Hedge and Donna

Yes, I know that Beatle covers are everywhere - just in the past year, I've seen (and downloaded!) hundreds of them from various blogs. So now its always exciting when I find one that I've never heard of before.

Recently, I've managed to find a few vinyl LPs in second-hand stores with some great Beatle covers on them. Here's one from an early '70s LP by HEDGE AND DONNA (Hedge and Donna Capers) called "Revolution" (and no, they don't do the song "Revolution") on the Polydor label. Its a very nice version of "She Said She Said", which they really made their own, as a male-female duet sort of thing. JOE WALSH is credited with playing electric and acoustic guitars, and its produced by TIN EAR.

And here it is:

SHE SAID SHE SAID (HEDGE AND DONNA)

No comments: