Sunday, January 01, 2006

Chantilly lace and a pretty face

I've had a few requests for the Stones' version of "Chantilly Lace", so here it is. (I don't know what happened the first time around, but its working now.) I always thought this was an odd choice for them to cover. Date unknown, sourced from a vinyl boot called "Germany 1982". And I guess I never paid too much attention to the '82 tour. Stu was there, and that's when Chuck came on board. Who's the sax player?

CHANTILLY LACE 1982

UPDATE 1/2/06: Chris wrote in to say that the Sax players for Europe 1982 were Gene Barge and Bobby Keys. Also that "four German cities, in that tour, had Chantilly Lace in the setlist: Hannover (6th and 7th June), Berlin (8th June), Frankfurt (29th June) and Munich (10th and 11th July)".

Thanks Chris!

No comments: