Wednesday, January 25, 2006

January 25, 1969

Working through the weekend to try to finish up the "Get Back/Let It Be" project before RINGO is due to start shooting "Magic Christian", THE BEATLES show up at APPLE on Saturday, January 25th. This was the day that LENNON brought his little Hawaiian guitar thingy in to the studio and they recorded HARRISON's "For You Blue".

Earlier in the day, they seemed to be having a good time as Lennon led them through a version of one of MCCARTNEY's first (and unrecorded) songs, "I Lost My Little Girl":

I LOST MY LITTLE GIRL (1/25/69)

Note: My copy of DOUG SULPY's "Get Back" book places this recording on the 24th, but PURPLE CHICK's "A/B Road" set has it on the 25th. Sulpy's book was incomplete and the Chick set is much more recent, so I'm going with the 25th.

No comments: